WHAT IS AN INDUSTRIAL SIEVE FOR?
A vibrating sieve – or more in general, an industrial sieve – is for separating product particles according to their dimension, by letting them through one or more meshes. In order to avoid any particle alteration during the process, different types of vibration or movement can be applied to the sieving system.
Separating product particles in an industrial environment can target different results, like:
1.Separating coarse particles from finer ones, in order to convey each group to a different use; this is the simplest case, applied first of all in heavy industry (aggregates, soil recovery in mining industry, industrial waste management in general); for this type of applications, Virto-Cuccolini developed a specific series of sieves with revolutionary features – X-Line – including a patented vibration system; an example for this application is available with this video:
2. Check whether the result of a granulating or milling process is as expected; and if not, separate bigger particles to be sent back to grinding/milling or smaller ones to be sent back to granulating; it is a typical sieving case that we can find in food processing as well as in waste management, which is handled by Virto-Cuccolini through the C-Line series, composed of traditional sieves, as well as with X-Line series, for building materials applications. An application sample is shown in this video, where the sieving function is applied to glass recycling:
3. Have an ingredient going through a check sieving, in order to eliminate possible foreign bodies before the product enters the production process and also to break up possible particle lumps; it is a function which is regularly required for base ingredients like flour, sugar, starch, chemical additives etc., by food or chemical industries, who need to ensure safety through avoiding that metal parts or paper/plastic particles enter the process. An example of application, typical at bags or big bags opening, is visible in this video, as carried out by a Virto-Cuccolini circular sieve from C-Line:
4. Classify powders or granules by separating them according to their size in a single action; for this function, a Virto-Cuccolini tumbling sieve is available within T-Line series; this type of sieve, initially born for sand classification in building materials production, is also applied to chemical and food products. An example of sieving classification is visible here:
5. Identify and separate solid particles within liquids in order to reuse them within the production process. In many food, chemicals or waste management applications, this separation is required in order to recirculate both liquid and particles. An example of solid-liquid separation, carried out by a vibrating sieve from Virto-Cuccolini C-Line, is available here:
6. Dedust, that is separating powders from solid particles: this is what happens in following video, where we separated pine nuts from their protective skin, already or almost detached from the nut, by using a Virto-Cuccolini tumbler from T-Line series:
7. Identify very fine particles within a powder product in order to obtain a new product to be sold to Customers. It is the case of metal powder industry, where Virto-Cuccolini particularly experimented innovation during most recent years through X-Line series:
8. More generally speaking, there are lots of other applications where a Virto-Cuccolini sieve can support you within a production process: just as an example, we can mention all processes where by-products or particles considered waste can be separated instead and reused in a circular economy process. Like in this video, where catalytic converters are separated from other metal parts, with the aim to improve their recycling, through a rectangular X-Line sieve:
Are you thinking about how to solve a separation issue within your production process? For sure Virto-Cuccolini has the right solution for you.